Home » Posts tagged 'hotel management colleges'
Tag Archives: hotel management colleges
To be successful in hospitality industry, one must have more than just a good knowledge about this sector. One needs to develop time management, customer management, excellent communication, interpersonal and research skills. A good hotel manager always keeps a close eye on each and every aspect of the business, ranging from kitchen to services, maintenance, cleaning and front desk services etc.
Customer service with a smile is the aim of the hospitality sector and those who love to serve others, career in hotel management is the best option for them. For a successful career in hospitality, one should go for a degree or diploma course from public or private hotel management colleges in India. WelcomGroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Hotel and Catering Management Institute Chandigarh, Lakshya Bhartee Institute of International Hotel Management (LBIIHM) Delhi and Rizvi College of Hotel and Tourism Management Studies are some of the top private institutes offering hotel management courses. These institutes focus on emphasizing professional skills in the learners to develop their overall personality.
What do you need for a successful career in hospitality?
There are tremendous job opportunities in this sector across the globe for the successful candidates. This has led to high demand of hotel management professionals in India. Every industry has its own requirements from the employees working in that particular field. Hotel management requires a pleasing personality, good knowledge about industry, numerical aptitude and reasoning skills in the applicants. There is no shortcut for a successful career and the industry demands qualified and trained professionals. Here are some tips for a successful career in hotel management:
- Go for a quality hotel management education: Pursue a degree, diploma or certification program from a leading institute. It is not always easy for an aspirant to get admission in Govt. institutes. Private hotel management colleges in India are offering best courses as per the industry standards to the learners. Studying in the best institution instills essential knowledge and skills in the candidates about the industry that will help them in getting ample of job opportunities. Hotel management education makes students capable to face the emerging challenges of the industry.
- Practical experience: Practical experience is must to gain knowledge and face challenges of the industry. Always choose the course that incorporates internship program and offers industry exposure opportunities to the applicants. Top private hotel management colleges in India offer non-paid internships. These internship programs are helpful in building a successful career of the students.
- Be open to accept various job opportunities: Hotel management is a field where one can easily find ample of job opportunities, right from the office management to housekeeping and food to beverages management. One can easily expand one’s experience level by accepting versatile job opportunities.
Best institute for hotel management offers the most advantageous career opportunities that not only provide best learning experience to the students but good remuneration packages also. Hotel management program helps in making the candidates aware of the basic functionalities of a hotel and also how to run and manage it. This program has another major benefit of getting the opportunity to meet different kinds of people, like well-known players, celebrities, novelists, entrepreneurs etc. Candidates having a degree in hotel management need not stick only to the hotel industry, but they also have multitude of opportunities in the hospitality as well as aviation industry.
There are well known hotel management institutes in India offering the best environment and education to the candidates and prepare them for a promising career in this industry. Top 5 institutes for Hotel management in India include:
- SRM Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gujarat
- International Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gwalior
- Ecole Hoteliere At Lavasa, Pune
Things to consider while selecting the top hotel management colleges
The hotel management industry has grown quite rapidly and created millions of job opportunities. There are several best hotel management institutes in India and every top hotel management school offers a unique set of opportunities. These top institutes teach their candidates various tactics to enhance their raw skills. But before finalizing the college, some key things must be considered. These are as follows:
- Accreditation – Every hotel institute should be officially certified by a regulatory authority. Recruiters only value institutes with all the essential accreditations and they judge the student’s merit accordingly. Best institute for hotel management in India has usually all the necessary accreditations, making its hotel management programs globally recognized.
- Quality of professors – To make sure you are getting the best possible hotel management studies, you need to study from the highly qualified and educated professors that not only have experience in teaching, but also real world skills. The faculties associated with top colleges in India are well qualified with experience from top hotels around the world. These top faculties offer their best to enhance the skills of candidates.
- Placement record – Placements are the most crucial thing because at the end of the hotel management program, the student wants to walk out with a job. So, pick a college which has an impressive placement record. Best institute for hotel management in India educates and trains candidates well enough so that they can get placement on merit basis.
Study abroad opportunities – Studying abroad is a unique opportunity that only a small fraction of candidates get to experience. If you desire to study abroad, always consider how many study abroad courses are offered at your desired school. Top hotel management schools in India make it easy for candidates to study internationally by allowing them to transfer credits.