An MBA/PGDM program from one of the top ten business schools in India is bound to provide you a kick start in your career. A management program from one of the top institutes will put you at par with the international business management graduates. Anna University – Chennai, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – New Delhi, Fore School of Management – New Delhi, Birla Institute of Management Technology – Greater Noida and Jindal School of Hotel Management – Vadodara are considered among the top ten business schools in India offering high quality management education to their candidates.
How to choose the best business school?
Some of the key features that you should look for in your desired business school in India are as follows:
- A good business school must be recognized by the government of India and its programs should be recognized in India and abroad.
- The business school should have all the majors and subjects that you are searching for.
- The faculty members of a business school should be well-trained and qualified to meet global standards of business management education. Top ten business schools in India usually sends their faculty members and professors to hob-knob with the international management faculties in order to share their best practices.
- Your desired business school should aim at the overall development of candidates which includes team spirit and leadership qualities in them.
- The infrastructure and environment of the business school should be positive and modern. It must be conducive to candidates at a high level.
- The library of your desired business school in India must be well-stocked with management books written by several national and international journals of repute. This will help the candidates to keep abreast with the latest happenings in the area of management at a global level.
Requisites for admission to top business schools in India
All business schools in India require the candidate to be a graduate in any area with minimum 50% marks in graduation. Top ten business schools in India also conduct an entrance exam or consider the results of examinations like MAT and CAT for allowing admission. These management entrance exams require a lot of skills and knowledge where both the aptitude and theoretical knowledge of the candidates is tested. Most candidates require some amount of guidance and extra effort to be able to crack these exams.
However, always keep in mind that due to the rewarding nature of business management education, several half-baked people have also established the so called management institutes in the country. And a management program from one of these will just be a waste of money and time as it will not be valued by a company within the country and abroad. This is one of the major reasons that you need to conduct a complete research before you select the right school in India for your studies in hotel management and in any other stream.