There are ample of career options for a student who is appearing for his / her +12 exams , depending upon individual’s aptitude and interests. In changing times while conventional careers have their takers, professional careers like BMM, Hotel Management, BMS etc. are also gaining popularity. Hotel management courses in India after 12th have emerged as a promising career choice in the recent past with stable career, lucrative salary, and big hoteliers are the attractive features. Thanks to globalisation and media, who made this career look further more glamorous and fun. Currently Hotel industry is one of the most promising industry, offering a wide range of jobs in India. With a Hotel Management degree in hand one can explore a successful career in various fields of hospitality industry such as Hotels, Resorts, Fast Food chains, Packaged Foods industry and so on. In this industry multiple people are required having effective skills to take responsibilities for administration, restaurant services, marketing, catering, reception, housekeeping etc. Today Hospitality is one of the highly paying industry.
Eligibility criteria for hotel management courses after 12th
- For Hotel Management courses, a candidate should have to complete their 10+2 from a recognized board with 50% marks.
- Candidates who do not have 50% marks can opt for a Diploma in Hotel Management degree which requires candidates to be 12th pass with minimum 40% marks.
- Students should have excellent English communications skills.
- To get admission into government recognized colleges and universities, candidates have to clear a common entrance test conducted by National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology , followed by a group discussion & Interview.
- Private universities and colleges conduct their own entrance exams.
List of HOTEL MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA COURSES AFTER 12TH
|Diploma in Hotel Management||1 Year|
|Diploma – Food Production||1 Year|
|Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||3 Years|
|Diploma – Bakery and Confectionery||1 Year|
|Advance Diploma in International Culinary Arts||2 Years|
|Advanced Diploma in Hotel Management (ADHM)||1 Years|
|Certificate Program in Food Production||3 Months|
|Diploma in Hotel and Culinary||1 Years|
|Diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Tourism (DHMCTT)||1 Years|
|Diploma in Bakery||1 Year|
|Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management (GDHM)||3 Years|
|Executive Diploma in Hotel Management (EDHM)||1 Year|
Some more courses are also available
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
Top colleges in Hotel Management
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Aurangabad
- Welcome group Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Kolkata
- Christ College
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition at Srinagar, Chandigarh, New Delhi, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Goa, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata, Gurdaspur, Gwalior, Pondicherry.
- Foodcraft Institute Model Industrial Training Institute Campus, Govindpura, Bhopal.
After completing Hotel Management, one can get placed from campus for the initial training and experience. Hotels like ITC, Taj, Hilton, Oberoi select students from campuses to train and groom them to meet industry expectations. Airline, Merchant Navy and cruise ships also hire hotel management graduates at various levels owing to their acquired service skills during the course.