Singapore is one of the top destinations for Indian students planning to study abroad for higher education. Whether you choose a public university or private, the best universities in Singapore enjoys an excellent reputation. The island country has a well-regarded education system and has plans in place to improve it further by 2020. The excellent education system of Singapore encourages students to develop their potential fully. Students have a variety of options to choose from public or private universities offering various degrees in different disciplines and to know about the course you can visit the website of respected universities.
Top universities in Singapore
Singapore is renowned for providing the best quality higher education to the students that attracts students from all across the world. Here is the list top 7 universities and academic institutions in Singapore that you may consider:
- National University of Singapore: Established in 1905, this is one of the oldest and largest universities in Singapore in terms of students. The university ranks at 25th position worldwide and 2nd in Asia. The university has worked in collaboration with other universities in past such as Yale University and Durham University.
- Nanyang Technological University: This is one of the two technological universities in Singapore offering the high-quality education to the students as per international standards. It is also committed to provide extensive research in the fields of engineering, business, medicine, social science, arts, medicine and humanities. To provide the best educational experience to students, the university has joined hands with international partners like Imperial College London and more.
- Singapore Management University: This is Singapore’s first private university established in the year 2000. It was a private university funded by government initially and later it became autonomous. At present, it has student strength of 7200 students and is divided into six schools offering a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD programs in fields like accountancy, economics, information system management, business management, law and social sciences.
- SIM University: This is one of the best universities in Singapore for international students offering a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses. The university is divided into four academic schools including The School of Business, The School of Arts and Social Sciences, The School of Science and Technology, and The School of Human Development and Social Services.
- Singapore University of Technology and Design: This is another top university in Singapore offering a variety of programs in engineering product development, engineering system and design, architecture and sustainable design and more. The university is known for its unique academic programs and has elements of styles from both east and the west.
- INSEAD Singapore: This is known to be one of the leading business universities in Asia popular for its MBA program. The university offers a wide range of courses that give a number of opportunities to the students. Specialised courses are also offered under the supervision of experts to prepare candidates for global opportunities.
- James Cook University: This is another leading private university in Singapore and a branch of James Cook University Australia. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level programs. Scholarship opportunities are also offered to international students.
To read more about the institute and university you are considering, visit their official website http://india.simge.edu.sg/ or talk to current students and alumni.