Pharmacy as a career
As a career, pharmacy helps students to have the knowledge to prepare medicines, and recommend dosages that patients should receive so that they can recover from their illness, or remain healthy. One of the major benefits of this career is that, it is a recession-proof career which offers excellent salary potential, great benefits, flexibility, and opportunity for growth. Pharmacy for long had a myth, that studying pharmacists, these professionals can only work for medicine shops, this myth should now start debunking. The pharmacy institutes in Pune offer a lot to the students. So, it typically has much scope, then what is being in general thought about. Pharmacy as a profession and career is versatile and dynamic in nature.
How to Become a Pharmacist
First and foremost the vision should be clear, that what is to be achieved by pursuing a course in Pharmacy. Doing it for the sake of it, does not land anyone anywhere. Then the students and the masses, start framing myths, that Pharmaceutical education is only confined for medical shops and dispensaries. Pharmacy includes a blend of theory, practical classes and examinations, and compulsory industrial/ hospital/ community training of varying periods depending upon the course selected. There are many pharmacy institutes in Pune, offering the best courses. If, someone is very serious of the career in pharmacy then here is the list of top pharmacy institutes in Pune. Making a career in pharmacy is not easy, but at the same time studying from a reputed college, helps to make a good base.
The top pharmacy institute in Pune
1. Dr. D.Y.Patel College of Pharmacy– The College offers undergraduate courses. It is affiliated to Pune University.
2. Singhad college of pharmacy, Pune– This college offers courses on B. Pharm and M. Pharm. In M.Pharm there are other various courses. The entrance test is MHT CET.
3. Singhad Institute of pharmaceutical sciences– The college offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The entrance test is MHT CET and GATE exams.
4. Smt. Kashibai Navale College of Pharmacy– The College offers B.Pharm course and various M.Pharm courses. The entrance test conducted is MHT CET and AUPPC.
5. Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune– It is affiliated to Bharati Vidyapeeth University. It offers graduate and various post graduate courses. It has all the basic and equipped facilities for the students.
6. Bharatiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune– The courses offered are both for graduate and undergraduate level. It conducts its own entrance exam for admission. It is a deemed university and established in the year 1964.
7. Modern College of Pharmacy, Nigdi. Pune– It is affiliated to Pune University and offers undergraduate courses.
8. Alard College of Pharmacy, Pune– The College is affiliated to Pune University and offers undergraduate courses. Entrance is done through MHT CET exams.
Pharmacy as a preferred choice
Pharma companies must restrict the entry of students or pass out to their companies, to only pharmacy graduates. Mostly these companies induct students, from B.Sc, M.sc background with very low salaries. These professionals will never worry about low salaries because they are paying low fees when compared to pharmacy education fee. Pharmacy students are more qualified as, pharmacy students study many subjects with practical skills and specializations in colleges and universities. The pharmacy institutes in Pune offer well-equipped infrastructure, faculty, and courses to make the student’s industry ready.