Knowledge and understanding of management of various aspects of the hospitality industry opens up immense employment opportunities across the service sectors i.e. aviation, event planning, transportation, cruise lines, food and drinks, theme parks, traveling and more. With skills gained through hospitality management programs you can also open up your own bed and breakfast, hotel, motel, restaurant, or any other leisure and entertainment centre. The choices are plenty for any skilled graduate, in terms of the sector they want to choose. Owing to these facts there are a wide range of hospitality programs offered by different colleges and universities.
Basic eligibility for Hotel Management courses include the below ones:
- Student must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any stream.
- They must be proficient in English.
- International Baccalaureate students must have cleared a diploma education
Some of the most popular hospitality management courses and top colleges and universities offering them across India are:
1. B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration: This three-year full-time undergraduate program offered by the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering and Nutrition is one of the most prestigious hospitality management programs offered in the country. The institute offers a total 284 seats in the program. Admission in the course is based on the applicant’s performance in National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (NCHMCT JEE).
2. Bachelor of Hotel Management: The four-year AICTE approved full time program is offered by Welcome group Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal and Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore at undergraduate level. The college offers a total 180 and 60 seats respectively in the program, Aspiring candidates need to appear for the WGSHA Entrance Exam / AIHMCT Written Admission Test conducted by the respective college.
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management: The four years, full-time program offered by Indian School of Hospitality, Gurgaon is an internationally recognised undergraduate degree in hospitality management. The course is affiliated to Gurugram University and is certified by Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne. Admission in the program is based on the applicant’s performance in the interview, group discussion, and team building activity organized by the institute.
4. Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology: The four-year, full time under graduate program is offered by BanarsidasChandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Delhi. A total 120 seats have been allotted to the program. Admission in the program is through Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (GGSIPU CET).
Some other popular courses in hospitality management are:
• B.Sc. in Culinary Arts
• BBA (Hotel Management)
• BSC Hotel Management, Catering and Tourism
• B. Sc. (Hons) in International Hospitality Management
• B.Sc. Resort and Event Management
Apart from above degree courses you can also pursue a wide range of diploma programs by various colleges such as:
o Diploma in Hotel Management (1 Year)
o Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (3 Years)
o Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery (3 Years)
o Advanced Diploma in Hotel Management (1 Years)
o Diploma in Hotel Management, Catering Technology & Tourism (1 Year)
o Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management (3 Years)
o Executive Diploma in Hotel Management (1 Year) To get updated information on the exact number of seats available in various courses and eligibility criteria, please refer the prospectus of respective institutes.